Did you know there is a Yojana named PM Vishwakarma Yojana which was launched by the Indian government to provide financial support and skill upgradation to talented craftsmen and artisans in our country?
If not let us tell you that this scheme is aimed to preserve traditional craftsmanship and create employment opportunities for artisans. If you are an artisan or craftsman looking for financial support and skill upgradation, then PM Vishwakarma Yojana is the scheme for you.
In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need about PM Vishwakarma Yojana, including its eligibility criteria, benefits, registration process and many more, So.. now if you want to know more about it then stay tuned till the very end,
Read more : What is Mission Prerna UP Portal?
What is PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
PM Vishwakarma Yojana is a scheme launched by the Indian government to provide financial support, skill training, skill upgradation, and marketing assistance to small artisans and craftsmen across the country. This scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 September 2023, on the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti.
The main goal of the program is to improve the quality and availability of products and services made by artisans and craftspeople so that they can be part of both local and international markets. The scheme covers artisans and craftspeople engaged in 18 trades, including carpenters, boatmakers, blacksmiths, and potters etc,
The scheme offers collateral-free enterprise development loans of up to ₹2 lakh, with a concessional interest rate of 5%. The scheme will be jointly implemented by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and also by the Department of Financial Services.
Let us tell you that the artisans and craftspeople will be registered free of charge through Common Services Centres using a biometric-based PM Vishwakarma Portal. This scheme represents a significant stride towards preserving India’s cultural heritage, empowering skilled artisans, and promoting the rich tradition of craftsmanship that has endured for generations.
The Eligibility Requirements for PM Vishwakarma Yojana are:
- Any self-employed artisan or craftsman working with hands and tools in one of the family-based traditional trades in an unorganized sector on a self-employment basis is eligible for aid under the Vishwakarma Scheme.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- The scheme is open to all artisans and craftspeople, including Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, women, tribals, and other disadvantaged groups.
- The applicant must possess a valid Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, and proof of occupation.
- The applicant must have a mobile number and a bank account.
- Government employees or their relatives are not eligible for the scheme.
Benefits of PM Vishwakarma Yojana
This scheme offers a range of many benefits to the beneficiaries, including:
- Financial Support: The scheme offers subsidized loans of up to ₹2 lahks to craftsmen, which aims to alleviate financial constraints that might impede their artistic endeavours.
- Employment Opportunities: The scheme aims to generate employment for approximately 15,000 individuals annually, fostering economic growth and stability.
- Skill Upgradation: This scheme provides skill training and mentoring to the beneficiaries, enabling them to improve their efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
- Digital Empowerment: The scheme aims to empower the beneficiaries through education and digital transactions, making them more competitive in the global market.
- Marketing Assistance: The scheme provides marketing assistance to the beneficiaries, promoting their goods and increasing sales through market involvement.
- Toolkit Reward: The beneficiaries of the scheme will receive a toolkit reward of ₹15000, which enables them to expand their businesses and improve their livelihoods.
- Unique Identification: The beneficiaries will receive a PM Vishwakarma Certificate and PM Vishwakarma ID Card, a unique digital number that will help them access the scheme’s benefits.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Registration Process
The registration process for PM Vishwakarma Yojana is straightforward and can be completed online. Here are the steps to register for the scheme:
- Step 1: Mobile and Aadhaar Verification – First of all, The applicant must verify their mobile number and Aadhaar card details to proceed with the registration process.
- Step 2: Artisan Registration Form – Now, the applicant must fill out the Artisan Registration Form available on the PM Vishwakarma portal.
- Step 3: PM Vishwakarma Certificate – After submitting the Artisan Registration Form, the applicant will receive a PM Vishwakarma Certificate and PM Vishwakarma ID Card, which is a unique digital number that will help them access the scheme’s benefits.
- Step 4: Apply for Scheme Components – Now,The applicant can apply for the scheme components, including financial support, skill upgradation, and marketing assistance, after receiving the PM Vishwakarma Certificate.
The registration process for the scheme can also be completed offline. Here are the steps to register for the scheme offline:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest Common Services Centre or CSC – Firstly, The applicant has to visit the nearest CSC to register for this scheme.
- Step 2: Fill out the Artisan Registration Form – Now,The applicant must fill out the Artisan Registration Form available at the CSC.
- Step 3: Submit the Form – After filling out the form, the applicant has to submit it to the CSC operator.
- Step 4: Receive the PM Vishwakarma Certificate – After submitting the form, Now the applicant will receive a PM Vishwakarma Certificate and a PM Vishwakarma ID Card.
Here is a list of documents required for PM Vishwakarma Yojana:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Information
- Ration Card
- Domicile certificate
- ITI Certificate or Experience Certificate
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana is like a helping hand for skilled workers and small entrepreneurs in India. It offers support, money, and training to help them do better in their work.
This program can change the lives of many people by giving them the chance to follow their dreams. From this, we learn that with the right help and hard work, we can make a better future for ourselves and our country. So if you also want to take advantage of this scheme, then go and register for it quickly.
What is PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
PM Vishwakarma Yojana is a Central Sector Scheme launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises to provide financial support, skill training, and marketing support to small artisans and craftsmen across the country.
Who is eligible for PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
Any self-employed artisan or craftsman working with hands and tools in one of the family-based traditional trades in an unorganized sector on a self-employment basis is eligible for aid under the Vishwakarma Scheme.
What is the loan amount available under PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
The scheme offers collateral-free enterprise development loans of up to ₹2 lakh, with a concessional interest rate of 5%.
What documents are required for PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
The documents required for PM Vishwakarma Yojana include an Aadhaar Card, bank account information, ration card, domicile certificate and an ITI certificate or experience certificate.
What is the role of Common Services Centres in PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
Registration for the scheme is free of charge and can be done through Common Services Centres using a biometric-based PM Vishwakarma Portal.
What is the toolkit incentive for artisans under PM Vishwakarma Yojana?
The beneficiaries of the scheme will receive a toolkit reward of ₹15000, which will enable them to expand their businesses and improve their livelihoods.