Did you know about the world’s largest government funded healthcare program? Which is Launched in September 2018, yes we are talking about the PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PMJAY, which is a healthcare scheme by the Government of India that aims to provide health coverage to the economically challenged sections of society.
With cashless healthcare benefits of up to ₹5 lakhs per eligible family per year at some listed hospitals and healthcare providers across the country, Let us tell you that it is one of the most significant healthcare schemes on a global scale. So, Today In this blog post, we will discuss about this Yojana and also learn more about how it can be beneficial to us.
What is the PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PMJAY, is a healthcare scheme launched by the Government of India in the year 2018. It aims to provide health coverage to the economically challenged sections of society and is the world’s largest government funded healthcare program.
Let us tell you that this scheme offers cashless healthcare benefits of up to ₹5 lakhs per eligible family per year at some listed hospitals and healthcare providers across the country. With the aim of achieving Universal Health Coverage or UHC, Ayushman Bharat Yojana adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising two inter-related components, which are – the creation of 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) and the National Health Protection Scheme.
The eligibility criteria of this scheme are much needed, so that its benefits can reach to the right people, which are as follows:
- The scheme is available to families that are categorized as economically weaker sections or below the poverty line.
- It covers both types of areas: rural and urban.
- The eligibility criteria for rural areas include individuals and families belonging to SC or ST caste, households with no adult, male, earning member within the age of 16 to 59 years, landless households, and households with one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
- The eligibility criteria for urban areas include ragpicker families, beggar families, domestic worker families, street vendor families, construction worker families, and other kind of similar families.
- The scheme covers up to 5 members of a family, including the head of the family, spouse, and up to three dependents.
Benefits of PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana
This scheme provides such benefits which are very beneficial for us, Here are the key benefits of this scheme:
- Cashless healthcare benefits of up to ₹5 lakhs per eligible family per year at some listed hospitals and healthcare providers across the country.
- Beneficial for economically challenged sections of society, including both rural and urban areas.
- Beneficial for diagnostic tests, doctor consultations, and treatment for various diseases.
- Beneficial for pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 3 days and 15 days.
- Coverage for both private and public hospitals.
How to Apply for PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Here is a step-by-step process to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana online:
- First of all, Visit the official website of PMJAY at mera.pmjay.gov.in.
- Then click on the – Am I Eligible tab.
- Now you have to enter your mobile number and the captcha code displayed in the small box.
- Click on the tab that says – Generate OTP.
- Now fill in the OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- After that, you will be directed to the PMJAY login screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the state from which you are doing your Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration.
- Fill in the required details, including your name, age, gender, and address.
- Now you have to upload the necessary documents, such as an Aadhaar card, ration card, or voter ID card.
- And now finally, Submit the application form.
NOTE- Once the application is submitted, it will be verified by the authorities, and if found eligible, an e-card will be issued to the beneficiary.
Apart from the online process, you can also apply from an offline process, Here is a step-by-step process to apply offline:
- Firstly you have to visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or Ayushman Bharat Yojana Desk.
- Now provide your mobile number and the Healthcare Provider Identification code to the CSC representative.
- The representative will verify your eligibility for the scheme based on the State Economic Caste Census data of the year 2011.
- After that, If you are found eligible, the representative will help you to fill out the application form.
- Now submit the application form along with the necessary documents, such as an Aadhaar card, ration card, or voter ID card.
- The application will be verified by the authorities, and if found eligible, an e-card will be issued to the beneficiary.
Required documents for the application
Here is a list of documents required for the application of Ayushman Bharat Yojana:
- Age and identity proof, such as an Aadhaar card or PAN card.
- Contact details are also required including your mobile number, email and address.
- Caste certificate for individuals belonging to SC or ST category.
- Income certificate for individuals belonging to EWS or LIG category.
- Ration card or voter ID card.
- Any of the Documents that state the family’s current status.
Now at the end, we would like to say that the PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana is like a helping hand for people in India when they get sick. It helps them pay for their medical bills so they don’t have to worry about money when they are unwell. This plan is like a safety net, making sure everyone can get good healthcare without going broke. It’s not just about numbers, it’s about making people’s lives better.
What is the Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PMJAY, is a healthcare scheme launched by the Government of India. It aims to provide health coverage to the economically challenged sections of the society.
Who is eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Any family that has an active RSBY card as of 28 February 2018 is covered under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. There is no issue on family size and age of members, which will ensure that all family members specifically girl child and senior citizens will get benefit from it.
What are the benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
PM-JAY provides cashless cover of up to ₹5,00,000 to each eligible family per annum for listed secondary and tertiary care conditions. The cover under the scheme includes all expenses incurred on medical examination, treatment and consultation, pre-hospitalization and medicines.
How can I find empanelled hospitals under PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
What is an Ayushman Mitra?
An Ayushman Mitra is a certified frontline health service professional who is present at each of the EHCPs and serves as a first contact point for beneficiaries. They will help in processing documents for Beneficiary identification as well as complete the claim process along with Medical.