Are you looking to apply for a PAN card online but don’t know where to start? If yes then don’t go anywhere else except this blog post, because In this comprehensive guide, we are going to cover everything you need to know about Pan Card Online Apply. whether it is the eligibility criteria for it or some common mistakes that should be avoided.
Applying for a PAN card online can be a hassle-free process if you know what you are doing. We will provide you with a step-by-step guide to make the process as smooth as possible. as well as we will also answer some frequently asked questions at the end about the PAN card application to clear up any of your confusion & doubts. So, now if you also want to get your PAN card made as soon as possible then read this post till the end.
What do you mean by a PAN Card? & Why is it so Important?
A PAN card is a unique identification document that is essential for all Indian citizens. Which stands for Permanent Account Number, and it is a 10 digit alphanumeric number that is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. This card contains the cardholder’s name, date of birth, photograph, and PAN number.
It is used by banks and other institutions to verify an individual’s identity and offer different banking products. A PAN card is required in various situations, including filing income tax returns, receiving tax returns, and other communications from the Income Tax Department.
It is a vital document that helps the governing body track all monetary transactions happening in the country. Fortunately, it is easy to apply for and receive a PAN card, and the online process is easier and less time-consuming than the offline method. About which you will get to know further in this post.
Eligibility Criteria for Pan Card Online Apply
Eligibility criteria for a PAN card depend on the category of the applicant. Here are the eligibility criteria for different categories of applicants:
For Indian Citizens:
- All Indian citizens with a valid source of income and necessary proofs (as prescribed by the Income Tax Department) are eligible to apply for a PAN card.
- Any individual or non-individual (including foreign citizens or entities) who is earning taxable income in India must have a PAN card.
- Minors can also apply for a PAN card, but they need to have a legal guardian or parent to apply on their behalf.
- Foreigners are eligible to apply for a PAN card by submitting the required documents along with PAN Form 49AA.
- NRIs are eligible to apply for a PAN card if they earn taxable income in India, want to participate in the Indian stock markets through shares and mutual funds, want to buy a property in India, or want to do any kind of economic transaction in India.
While applying for PAN card you will need the following documents:
- Voter’s ID card
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Driving license
- Bank statement of the residential country
How to apply for a PAN card online
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a PAN card online:
- Now, click on the “Apply Online” option and select the appropriate form – Form 49A for Indian citizens or Form 49AA for foreign citizens.
- After that, fill in all the required information in the form, including your applicant status and preferred PAN card mode.
- Please make sure all the information is correct before submitting the application.
- Now, make the required payment for your PAN card on the next screen using a DD, cheque, internet banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Once you pay, you will get an electronic copy of an acknowledgement paper.
- Upload the necessary documents, including a passport-size photo, as per the instructions provided.
- Once the documents are verified, you will receive your PAN card within 15 days.
How can you check the progress of your PAN card application?
After you have done your Pan Card Online Apply, it is very easy to check or track it, which you can do by the method mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of NSDL or UTIITSL.
- Click on the “Track PAN Card” option.
- Enter your application acknowledgement number, date of birth, and other required details.
- Click on “Submit” to check the status of your PAN card application.
- If you have applied for a PAN card on the NSDL website, you can check the PAN card application status only on the NSDL website. If you have applied for a PAN card on the UTIITSL website, you can check the PAN card application status only on the UTIITSL website.
- You can also track the status of your PAN card application by calling the TIN call centre on the number – 020-27218080 and providing your 15-digit acknowledgement number for the PAN application.
Common mistakes to avoid when applying for a PAN card online
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when applying for a PAN card online:
- Not providing additional documents: When applying for a PAN card, you must submit proof of identity, address proof, and date of birth proof. Not providing these additional documents can lead to the rejection of your application.
- Using initials: You should avoid using initials while filling out the PAN card application form. You should provide your full name as mentioned in your other documents.
- Incorrect photograph: You should ensure that the photograph you provide is clear and matches the specifications mentioned in the application form. Using scanned copies of photos can also lead to rejection of your application.
In the end, we hope that you have understood the things mentioned in this post and now you will also be ready for your PAN Card Online Apply. Because It’s a straightforward and hassle-free process, and anyone can do it.
You don’t need to stand in long lines or deal with loads of paperwork. Just sit at home, follow the simple steps we have explained in this post, and you will have your PAN card in very little time. So go now and take advantage of this opportunity and apply for your PAN card as soon as possible.
What is a PAN card and why is it necessary?
A PAN card is a unique identification document that is essential for all Indian citizens. It is used by banks and other institutions to verify an individual’s identity and offer different banking products. A PAN card is required in various situations, including filing income tax returns, receiving tax returns, and other communications from the Income Tax Department.
Who is eligible to apply for a PAN card?
All Indian citizens with a valid source of income and necessary proofs (as prescribed by the Income Tax Department) are eligible to apply for a PAN card. Minors can also apply for a PAN card, but they need to have a legal guardian or parent to apply on their behalf. Foreigners and NRIs are also eligible to apply for a PAN card.
How much time does it take to get a PAN card?
Once your PAN card application is processed, you will receive your PAN card within 15 days.
Can I apply for a PAN card offline?
Yes, you can apply for a PAN card offline by submitting the required documents and application form at any of the authorized PAN service centres.
What is the fee for applying for a PAN card?
The fee for applying for a PAN card is ₹110 for Indian citizens and ₹1020 for foreign citizens.
Can I make changes to my PAN card details?
Yes, you can make changes to your PAN card details by filling up the form for ‘Request for New PAN Card or for Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.