Indian IT services company Wipro has announced that Aparna C Iyer will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO), replacing Jatin Pravinchandra Dalal. In a regulatory filing, Wipro stated that Iyer will report to CEO and Managing Director Thierry Delaporte and will become a member of the Wipro executive board. Dalal is stepping down from the CFO position to explore other career opportunities.
Who is Aparna C Iyer?
Aparna Iyer completed her bachelor of commerce degree from Narsee Monjee, Mumbai, in 2001. At the same time, she was also pursuing chartered accountancy.
In 2002, Aparna became the gold medallist of that year’s Chartered Accountant (CA) batch. In 2003, she joined Wipro as a senior internal auditor.
Here are five things to know about Wipro’s new CFO.
1. Aparna C Iyer will assume the position of CFO at Wipro and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Thierry Delaporte. She will also become a member of the Wipro executive board, according to a regulatory filing made by the company.
2. Aparna C Iyer, who holds the designation of a chartered accountant (CA) and earned a gold medal in the CA 2002 batch, became a part of Wipro in April 2003.
3. During her two-decade tenure at Wipro, Aparna C Iyer has undertaken various positions within the finance domain. These roles encompassed internal audit, business finance, financial planning and analysis, corporate treasury and investor relations, and her most recent position as Senior Vice President and CFO of Wipro FullStride Cloud.
4. Aparna C Iyer previously served as the Senior Vice President and CFO within Wipro’s FullStride Cloud Global Business Line. In her new capacity, she will be reporting directly to CEO Thierry Delaporte and will become a member of the Wipro Executive Board. Iyer will officially assume her role as CFO starting on September 22, 2023.
5. Before her appointment as CFO, Aparna C Iyer held the position of Senior Vice President and CFO within Wipro’s FullStride Cloud Global Business Line. In her new role, she will report directly to CEO Thierry Delaporte and will be integrated into the Wipro Executive Board. Her official commencement as CFO is scheduled for September 22, 2023. Throughout her career, she has served in various finance roles at Wipro, including responsibilities in Internal Audit, Business Finance, Finance Planning and Analysis, Corporate Treasury, and Investor Relations.