|Quick Info→||Profession(s) : Author, Yoga Guru||Hometown: Mysore Karnataka||Age: 63 Years|
When anyone listens to Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev who changed the lives of millions of people with his thoughts, he wants to listen to him more, he has changed the lives of many people with the help of his Isha Foundation.
We can also see Sadhguru as a “spiritual guru motivational speaker” because whenever he does any program, millions of people join his programs. Sadhguru also has many channels on YouTube which are in different languages. I translate their videos and bring them to the people, Sadhguru is a knower of many languages.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Bio/Wiki
|Profession(s)||Author, Yoga Guru|
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters– 172 cm|
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Personal Life
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Relationships & More
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Family
|Spouse||Vijaykumari (a banker, died 23 January 1997)|
|Children||Son– Not Known|
Daughter– Radhe Jaggi
|Parents||Father– Dr. Vasudev (Ophthalmologist)|
Mother– Susheela Vasudev
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Income, Controversies, Address
|$2.5 Million (250 Crore Rupees)|
|Address||Isha Foundation 15, Govindasamy Naidu Layout, Singanallur, Coimbatore – 641 005, India|
|Controversies||In October 1997, after the death of his wife, a complaint was filed against him in Bangalore Police Station, accusing him of dowry harassment to his wife.|
|A petition was filed at district collectorate in Tamil Nadu to get help for saving two adult women abducted and imprisoned in Isha Yoga centre, Coimbatore.|
|Environmentalists and many political leaders claimed that the Isha Yoga Center is situated on the forest land and encroaching the elephant corridor at Velliangiri Hills in the Western Ghats, lead to environmental damage and death of the elephants.|
Some Known Facts About Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
- Jaggi Vasudev was born in Mysore city of Karnataka, he was the youngest of his four siblings, his parents were in his family, his father worked in the Indian Railways, due to this he used to travel from one place to another. Due to this also always lived in different places because they were transferred from time to time in the job.
- Sadhguru was a different kind of person since childhood, when he used to see any object, he used to keep staring at it and tears kept falling from his eyes. As when Jaggi Vasudev used to give him some water to drink, Jaggi Vasudev used to look at that water with a view that what is water, although he knows that water is drunk but Jaggi Vasudev wanted to know that what is water after all? Drinking quenches thirst.
- Jaggi Vasudev Sadhguru used to see any thing, he used to get completely lost in it and used to look at it with all his attention. Everyone started worrying about him, his father started feeling that he should be shown to a mental specialist.
- In this way, gradually Sadhguru turned 10 years old and was introduced to a yoga guru at that time. In this he learned yoga, due to which his mind became very calm and new changes started coming in his life. His yoga guru’s name was Raghavendra Rao, who used to teach yoga to Jaggi Vasudev, Jaggi Vasudev mastered it by practicing yoga continuously.
- Apart from this, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev used to spend most of his time in the jungles, he used to enjoy the air sitting on the trees and used to look at nature. So there were many snakes in his bag, he used to feel bliss by being alone and many times he used to sit in meditation and then he used to sit in meditation for hours.
- After this, when Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev turned 14, he joined the Climatic Club. Sadhguru was very much impressed by an army officer here and he gave the written exam to join the army but did not give the real exam and he came back to his home.
- After that Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev traveled all over southern India and tried to understand the people, culture of India, because he felt that if he wanted answers to questions, he would have to travel.
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev did his journey by bicycle, but later he bought a bike and traveled all over India. He was very fond of riding a bike since childhood and even today, new bikes remain standing in his house.
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev then traveled all over India in 5 years. They used to stop in any village, any city and understand the people there very closely, by doing this they would get answers to all the questions of their mind and they were very happy.
- After visiting different places of India, when Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev felt that if he wants to travel all over India, he will need money, so he came back to his village and started business there, which was a success in no time. reached its peak.
- Did this business for about 6 years, after that once went for a walk on a famous Chamunda hill in Mysore, where he became engrossed in meditation for some time, but he did not care how long he was meditating. Even after hours passed, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev felt that he was engrossed in meditation for only a few minutes but remained engrossed in meditation continuously for 5 to 6 hours.
- It is also said in some videos that they should remain engrossed in meditation for 13 days.
- Then some people around seeing this started seeing him as a spiritual man and put various questions in front of him, from which he always wanted to stay away.
- After this he handed over all his business to his friend and again went on a trip to India. After this, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev also started the work of teaching yoga to the people and started making his mark as a yoga teacher.
Jaggi Vasudev Isha Foundation
- When Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev was traveling on a tour of India, this place used to teach yoga to people at this place, meanwhile he laid the foundation of Isha Foundation in 1992. This organization was a not-for-profit which works to help people, in this it does social work as well as protects the natural heritage, their goal is to plant 16 crore trees and recently they planted 8.52 lakh trees in Tamil Nadu in the Guinness Book. He has set his own world record.
- More than 2.5 lakh people work in Isha Foundation. Headquarter of Isha Foundation is Coimbatore. Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev teaches Yoga. Isha Foundation was awarded Indira Gandhi Environment Award in the year 2008 for environmental protection and Padma Vibhushan Award in the year 2017. was also awarded.
- Right now the main goal of Isha Foundation is to plant trees as well as provide protection to rivers, in which they are running a huge campaign, millions of people are cooperating in this campaign through social media.
- Through his organization, he teaches yoga to people and teaches yoga to everyone, here thousands not millions of people come and get the education of yoga for spiritual experience in their life and by making continuous efforts to answer the questions arising in their mind. Looking for answers, Jaggi Vasudev Sadguru constantly organizes programs not in India but all over the world about yoga to keep people healthy and mentally healthy.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Achievement
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev has been awarded with many achievements, he has made his world record in the Guinness Book by planting 852000 trees in Tamil Nadu.
- Apart from this, Indira Gandhi Environmental Protection Award has also been given in the year 2008.
- In 2017, he has also been honored with the Padma Vibhushan Award for social work and human service.
- He also has the record of teaching yoga to lakhs of people from Isha Foundation in 1993.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.